Headteacher: Mrs A Nanasi, MA, NPQH
Deputy Head: Mrs Sue Fergusson, BA Hons, PGCE SLD
Sherwood Park is a school for pupils aged between 2 ½ and 19 years that have Severe, Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties and some pupils who have Autistic Spectrum Disorders. It is a single-storey building situated at the east side of the London Borough of Sutton, adjacent to the Historic Carew Manor, on the edge of Beddington Park. The whole site offers a modern, purpose-built environment with grounds that are in keeping with the local surroundings. In consultation with the Head Teacher and Governors Premises Committee, our Site Manager takes great pride in maintaining a clean, safe, well-maintained building and outside play areas.
The classrooms are quite spacious and all have direct access to the outside play areas. At the south-east corner of the site is the environmental/play area which we are developing to provide a natural multisensory experience. This will give the pupils opportunities to learn about growing food from seed to harvest, and develop play/social skills.
There are several other specialised facilities available within the school:
- Raised heated indoor swimming pool with underwater lighting and hoists and tracking for access
- Splash room featuring a Jacuzzi
- Soft room area incorporating a sensory room
- ‘Sam’s Space’ a multi sensory soft room
- Dark room
- Digital Learning room
- Art, craft and design room (with a kiln)
- Physiotherapy/occupational therapy room and a speech and language therapy room
- Different play areas