Inspiring Autonomy and Excellence.
Policies and Statutory Information
Please contact the School Office if you can't find a copy of a policy you require, or would like a printed copy of any document on this website.
- Admissions Policy
- Charging Remissions Policy
- Child Protection Safeguarding Policy and Procedures
- Complaints About the School Policy
- Keeping children safe in education 2020 Update January 2021
- Online Safety Policy and Acceptable Use Policy
- Positive Handling Policy
- SEN Policy
- Well being Behaviour Policy
A full list of school policies is available on request.
Equality Statement 2021
Sherwood Park School seeks to foster warm, welcoming and respectful environments, which allow us to question and challenge discrimination and inequality, resolve conflicts peacefully and work and learn free from harassment and violence.
We recognise that there are similarities and differences between individuals and groups but we will strive to ensure that our differences do not become barriers to participation, access and learning and to create inclusive processes and practices, where the varying needs of individuals and groups are identified and met. We therefore cannot achieve equality for all by treating everyone the same.
We will build on our similarities and seek enrichment from our differences and so promote understanding and learning between and towards others to create cohesive communities.
At Sherwood Park School we:
- Strive to achieve equality of opportunity for all, adults and pupils
- Educate all about discrimination and prejudice and promote a harmonious environment
- Strive for all pupils to achieve the highest possible standards in their learning and make good progress
- Ensure that the appointment of staff is in line with equal opportunities legislation
- Ensure that the governing body of the school reflects that of the wider community
- Identifies barriers to learning and participation to meet a diversity of needs